Maine Cabin Rental Short Term Transient Vacation
To reserve, please review the lease terms below. We will email you a .pdf copy of the lease with your
reservation details. Please agree to and initial all terms.
Simply RETURN the completed signed lease acknowledging your acceptance
with required information by fax or .pdf for processing. Any questions, call 207-695-0242 or click to
contact us by email.
PROPERTY LEASE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BETWEEN COZY MOOSE AND
- RENT: 50% deposit required to book, balance due 30 days
prior to arrival. Payment in full for dates booked within a 30 day
period of arrival. _____
- CANCELLATIONS: 90 day cancellation notice required prior to arrival date.
The 50% deposit will be refunded less a $75 cancellation fee. No refunds for occupancy changes.
There is no gaurantee of refunds or credits within the 90 day period.
Note: This does not limit the owners right to give shorter notice as permitted by
law due to unforeseeable circumstances. _____
- NO SMOKING AND NO PETS: Any signs or smell of smoking or pets will automatically result in a minimum cleaning fee of $250. _____
- CREDIT CARD PAYMENT AUTHORIZATION: The renter supplies
MC or Visa to be used as a security
deposit. Renter understands and expressly accepts that the Cozy
Moose has the right to charge for any damage in excess of
reasonable wear and tear to the extent of the cost of the repairs
or replacement of missing items. Renter also understands that
he/she is expected to leave the cabin and grounds in acceptable order in the same condition as prepared.
The Cozy Moose will charge for excessive cleaning allotment time for
for windows and glass, dirt, and stain removals at a minimum cleaning fee of
$50. Renter agrees credit card charges
comply with the terms of this agreement are final. ____
- CHECK INS: Are scheduled for 3pm - Monday - Saturday at the office. The office is open until 4pm. Late check in is not an option as we personally meet and
greet all guests. _____
- CHECK OUT: Anytime before 10am. Late departures will be charged $30 per quarter hour. Housekeeping is scheduled and waiting to clean at 10am.
Please be respectful. Thank You. _____
- OCCUPANCY/GUESTS/VEHICLES: Only the leesee and number of registered occupants/guests and vehicles are to be on the premises.
Use of extra beds will result in a $30 fee per bed. Any unreported vehicles or occupants on the premises will be considered a violation of occupancy
standards and you will be escorted off the property immediately without refund. _____
- PARKING: Registered vehicles, trailers, and recreational vehicles have assigned parking. _____
- RECREATIONAL RENTALS: Canoes and kayaks are not included in lodging and require a rental agreement for use. Use of equipment without a
rental agreement will result in a rental fee. _____
- Recreational: The Cozy Moose is not liable for any injuries, damages, or theft for any recreational equipment.
Dock use and swimming is at your own risk. No
operation or parking of any vehicles is permitted between Cabins,
under porches or on decks. Operation of motorized vehicles
is for access to trails and Lake. Respect your neighbors. We will not tolerate complaints by others
for disrespectful activity. QUIET HOURS- observed before 8am and
after 10pm. _____
- HEAT/UTILITIES/REFUNDS: Heat and utilities included, there
will be no refunds if failure should occur or service be
interrupted. No refunds will be made for inclement weather or for
early departures. _____
- GAS FIREPLACES: Gas log fireplaces are serviced and
inspected by a trained technician. Do not set anything on top or
make any adjustments other than the thermostat control on the wall.
Note: Fireplaces are turned off during the summer season. _____
- ENTRY/INSPECTION/SERVICE: If required, the Cozy Moose
reserves the right to service, inspect or make repairs. _____
- ELECTRICAL: No outside hookups are permitted
(of any kind) Please do not move or disconnect
any inside electronics.System disconnects requiring technical support will be subject to the service fee. _____
- LAKE / TRAIL ACCESS: Use at your own risk. Please exercise extreme
caution. Refer to access information provided at check in. _____
- 16.WATERFRONT: The Cozy Moose beach, boat dock, and
outside grounds are common area to all lodging guests and may be
serviced if upkeep is needed. Please no glass at waterfront. _____
- BE GREEN/RECYCLING/ TRASH: You agree to recycle otherwise
it is Carry In - Carry Out. You must recycle cans, bottles, 1 and
2, plastics, newspapers and cardboard in containers provided. All
household trash is to be bagged with no recyclable materials in it.
It will be picked up at the end of your stay or when property is
being serviced. No hazardous waste of any kind is to be left. Thank
- SEPTIC SYSTEMS: Use septic safe toilet paper. All other
feamle products, flushable wipes or Kleenex are to be put in trash. Put grease in sealed containers,
bagged and dispose in household trash. Never dumped outside or down
sinks. Please no grease or food is to be rinsed down sinks. Thank You _____
- INDEMNIFICATION: The Cozy Moose is not liable for personal
injuries. Any unsafe or dangerous condition must be reported to us
immediately. For children's safety, they are to be supervised at
all times. Renter agrees to hold The Cozy Moose harmless for any
and all loss of or damage to your personal property, injury or
death resulting from the use of the rental property, grounds, boat
dock, and/or beach. Caution: No diving is permitted off dock. Swim
at your own risk. _____
- OUTSIDE GROUNDS/GAS GRILLS: No outside campfires, charcoal
fires, fireworks or firearms, BB guns, air rifles, or slingshots
permitted on premises of the cabins. Gas grills are provided
Memorial Day - Columbus Day for outdoor cooking. Grills are to
remain in grilling area. No grills are permitted on decks, under overhangs and are to be set in a safe area.
Grills are to be kept clean the way you found them. Gas for grills are not provided. _____
- UNLAWFUL ACTIVITY: Renter agrees not to violate any local,
county, or federal laws. This includes removing vegetation, cutting
trees or branches as to not violate shore land zoning regulations.
- DISPUTES: In the event of any legal dispute concerning
this agreement, the parties elect the jurisdiction of civil courts
of the Cozy Moose. _____
- TERMINATION/DEFAULT/ VIOLATIONS: This is a short-term
transient rental agreement. Any violations of guests stated without a signed acknowledgement from The Cozy Moose will be grounds for eviction without
entitlement to prior notice and result in no refund. Cozy
Moose reserves the right to cancel any reservation made under false
pretenses and has the right to refuse or discontinue rental
agreement if it is in the opinion that the renter(s) are
detrimental to the property. _____
- THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE LODGING PROPERTY IS STATED
IN THIS AGREEMENT. THIS IS AN UNDERSTANDING BETWEEN LESSEE AND
LESSOR FOR LODGING ACCOMMODATIONS AND RECREATIONAL DEPOSITS. I AGREE TO PROPERTY TERMS 1 THROUGH 24.
I HAVE INITALED EACH TERM ACKNOWLEDGING I UNDERSTAND THEM. I AGREE THAT I
WILL ENSURE MEMBERS IN MY PARTY ABIDE BY THE TERMS SET FORTH. A
SIGNED COPY OF THIS AGREEMENT SHALL HAVE THE SAME FORCE AND EFFECT
AS AN ORIGINAL. _____
SIGNATURE OF RENTER / CARDHOLDER AUTHORIZATION
NAME on Credit Card
Call with credit card numbers - We do not electronically transmit
for security purposes
CARD EXPIRATION DATE_____________ CVV2(3 digit number on
ARRIVAL DATE________________at 3pm - DEPARTURE______________before 10am
RENTAL FEE Including tax_______________DEPOSIT AUTHORIZED ___________________
BAL DUE AUTHORIZED _______________________ ON CREDIT CARD ABOVE
Return lease as a .pdf by email to email@example.com
or fax to 207-695-0956.
To submit a rental request 24/7 use our contact
us form or call us at 207-695-0242. Thank you.
photograph courtesy of Charles Boothbay