Maine Snowmobile Vacation Rental Outfitter Terms
Moosehead Lake, Maine Snowmobile Rental Hours of Operation
Daily Rents 8:30am to 4:30pm
Or Consecutive day rentals offer free overnight use
Things you need to know - Maine Snowmobile Rental Information
- All snowmobile rental departures and returns are done directly thru the rental outfitters base. All snowmobile rentals depart with a full tank of gas and are to be returned with a full tank of gas. You are responsible for all gas used during your ride.
- On the day of the snowmobile rental, everyone participating including passengers will need to fill out paperwork, receive operation instructions, learn snowmobile hand signals, and particpate in safety-related training and select the properly sized helmets from the rental operator. Snowmobile apparel rental needs other than helmets needs to be reserved in advance when making reservations.
- We provide you with detailed information and maps at check in. Reviewing access to snowmobile trails, the ITS and routes to our cabins and answer any questions to make your stay enjoyable.
- Use caution and operate at safe speeds while on the marked trail. Watch our for moose and other wildlife that may cross your trail. For your safety, we suggest snowmobiles stay off Moosehead Lake unless there is a marked trail or with a guide. Use extreme care when operating after dusk. Any late returns will be subject to late fees by the rental outfitter.
Driver and Passenger Maine Snowmobile Rental Terms and Conditions
- All operators of our Maine snowmobile rentals need to be at least 18 years of age, have a valid drivers license. Family members under the age of 18 may be passengers and must remain seated behind the driver, keep feet on rails, and hold on securely to strap or handles. We reserve the right to refuse rental to operators and/or passengers if we presume it is in your best interest.
- Ski-Doo and Arctic Cat snowmobiles are touring and trail sleds have weight load capacity and passenger capacity. Be aware not exceed manufacturer's settings, suspension capacity or rider capacity.
- We promote safe riding. If you are a first-time rider with no experience on similar equipment, we advise that you ride single at first and do not carry passengers. One of the basic principals in promoting safe riding is to never ride alone with one sled. If you choose to do so, let someone know where you are going.
- All riders and passengers will be required to sign a release of liability to participation agreement as with most adventure activities, there are inherent risks involved. Each snowmobile rental participant will be required to acknowledge, read and sign liabilility release and snowmobile rental agreement the day of the rental.
- Advance Snowmobile Rental Deposit: an advance deposit is required for snowmobile reservations. Deposits are required to reserve your sled - Payment in full may be required depending upon date reserved. Please note that you will lose your rental deposit if you can not provide the token security deposit required listed below for each sled.
- Cancellations: Cancellation policy for sled rentals vary so be sure to confirm at time of reservation. Note: rental outfitters may alter or cancel snowmobile rental reservations due to inclement weather, foreseeable hazards, indadequate snow base or circumstances beyond thier control. Most offer full refunds or credits for sled rentals or alternate dates in this unlikely event.We are sorry, no refunds will be given for lodging at The Cozy Moose due to snow conditions.
- Security Deposit: A token security deposit up to $1500.00 is required on MasterCard or Visa and will be refunded back to you, provided rented sleds are returned in the same condition they went out in. Lessee is responsible for damages caused to rented snowmobiles regardless if you were driving or not. You should inspect your rented snowmobile and equipment prior to your departure. Any concerns regarding the equipment's condition before departure should be noted.